General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Control and Collection of Personal Data
Personal data processing is any act or series of acts performed with or without the use of automated means, in personal data or in personal data sets, such as collection, registration, organization, structure, storage, adaptation, the search for information, use, notification by any form of disposal, correlation or combination, restriction, deletion etc.
We process information from visitors of our Website, including when you register an account to purchase products or receive information from us. We process personal data based on: consent according to art. 6(1)(a) GDPR, contract according to art. 6(1)(b) GDPR, compliance with a legal obligation according to art. 6(1)(c) GDPR and legitimate interests according to art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
When creating your account, or completing an order you may be asked to provide personal information such as first and last name, date of birth, email and living address, telephone number and password as well as financial information like bank account or debit/credit card details.
Joel Sunglasses follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include: internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. We may share information regarding your use of our Website with our trusted subsidiaries, affiliates, and partners. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Privacy policies and Third-Parties
Processing of Personal Data
Your personal data is processed lawfully and in a manner that ensures the appropriate security and protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing.
We collect your Data for the purposes of the products and / or services provided by our Company and in particular:
- For compliance with our legal obligations as a controller.
- For the performance of our main activity, to provide you with our products, such as shipping and invoicing (according to art. 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- For the performance of our services such as contacting you in order to answer requests or provide requested information (based on consent according to art. 6(1)(a) GDPR);
- For the security of your order information and account (based on contract according to art. 6(1)(b) GDPR);
- For the protection and preservation of our business intersests (based on legitimate interest according to art. 6(1)(f) GDPR). To do so, we may use your data for:
- data analysis in order to develop and improve our Website and products and determine the efficiency of our services and our promotional campaigns,
- audits to determine the intended functionality of our processes and the compliance with legal requirements,
- security checks (e.g detection and prevention of identity theft, fraud, cyberattacks).
- For the analysis of your personal data, such as your purchase history, shipping country, language. This way we can better understand your preferences and interests to provide you with personalised services offers or to remind you of any unfinished actions or modifications in your account (e.g pending purchases) (based on consent and legitimate interest according to art. 6(1)(a) and (f) GDPR).
- To occasionally send you our newsletter informing you about our latest offers and products. This service is provided only if you choose to subscribe on our newsletter. You can always unsubscribe via the link in our email newsletters or in your account page once you log in (based on consent according to art. 6(1)(a) GDPR).
- For compliance with various legal obligations, including tax obligations (based on compliance with a legal obligation according to art. 6(1)(c) GDPR.
We will share your personal data with third parties that are involved in the execution of your order. These third parties also follow binding agreements and act according to our private policies and the GDPR.
We do not make your personal data or information available to other third parties unless we are legally obliged to do so.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Joel sunglasses does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 16. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Joel Sunglasses will store and process your personal data for a period of time that is legally required and allowed for the purposes that it was obtained. The duration of this period will be determined by the following criteria:
- The duration of the services we offer you
- Any legal obligations we may be subjected to
- Other legal necessities (e.g. ongoing investigations or by order of the competent supervisory authority)
- In order to comply with statutory retention periods (required by tax legislation), or prove compliance with statutory retention obligations (GDPR, email marketing legislation).
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
-The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.
–Τhe right to correct inaccurate personal data.
-The right of rectification.
-The right to object.
-The right of restriction.
-The right to data portability
-The right to withdraw consent.
You are entitled to reach our customer service at email@example.com for such requests and we will process your request in accordance with the GDPR.
Protection of your Data
We ensure confidentiality and integrity of processing systems and services and we take all the appropriate measures on a technical and organizational level in order to keep your personal data protected against any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. These measures guarantee an appropriate level of security given the risks related to processing and the nature of the data. Joel Sunglasses uses Security Socket Layer encryptions during the processing of your order and while filling your information in our registration form .
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 2020